Working with us
Why work with RedBull Powder?
RedBull prides itself on its inclusive caring company culture and can offer the successful candidate a dynamic team environment, competitive remuneration, training and career opportunities.
We have a variety of roles and areas for development from entry level to experienced drilling and blasting professionals.
Register your interest today!
You will gain:
- Valuable experience working within a dynamic team environment
- Inclusive caring company culture
- New skills and extensive industry experience
- International & domestic travel opportunities
- Competitive remuneration
- Training & development opportunities
- Career growth potential
All candidates will be required to pass a medical, police check, drug & alcohol screening, ongoing random testing and hold a current unrestricted driver license.
Shot Firer - North Island
RedBull Powder Company manufactures a range of explosives products and provides comprehensive drilling and blasting services to quarries, mines and construction projects, both in New Zealand and abroad. RedBull is recruiting a Shot Firer to co-ordinate drilling and blasting activities for existing and new customers. Roles exist within Northland, Auckland and Waikato/Bay of Plenty region.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Shot design, loading and firing
- Handling, transportation and use of explosives in compliance with company operating procedures, all applicable laws and regulations and all customer site procedures
- Achieving customer satisfaction by delivering exceptional results
- Assist the company and your team to achieve zero harm by actively identifying and managing all hazards to ensure a safe and efficient work environment
- Ensure production goals are achieved by working collaboratively with the drilling, MPU, and blasting teams and customer site management
Key factors to your success include;
- NZ Certified Handlers Certificate / Controlled Substances Licence
- Three years Shot Firing experience in quarries
- Ability to work unsupervised and to motivate a working team
- Develop solid working relationships with all stakeholders
- Clean and current Drivers Licence, ideally with a Dangerous Goods Endorsement
- Excellent reporting and communication skills, both written and verbal
Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will be confident in delivering the highest quality work and service level to all customers. You must be able to work effectively alone and within small teams, contributing positively to RedBull’s strong values and culture. This position covers the Waikato and Bay of Plenty region involving some travel so flexibility is essential.
This Shot Firers role offers a competitive salary but will be commensurate with experience. If you are looking for a strong career opportunity, have the right credentials and industry experience, come and join our dynamic team to be part of this exciting business.
Please submit your CV to HR@redbullpowder.co.nz
The successful candidate will be required to pass a medical and drug & alcohol screening and hold a current unrestricted driver license
Interested in this role?
RedBull Powder Company manufactures a range of explosive products and provides comprehensive drilling and blasting services to quarries, mines and construction projects in New Zealand.
We are recruiting a Blasting Assistant to provide hands on support to the blasting crews and explosive delivery units. This is a low-level entry position, which is a great opportunity in becoming qualified as a Shot Firer and develop a long-term career.
You will be required to;
- Comply with safe working procedures and instructions
- Assist Shot Firer to prepare blasting activities on the quarry bench
- Assist delivery trucks to pump bulk emulsion product into quarry blast holes
- Assist Drillers to collar blast holes
- Assist with other duties at the manufacturing plant facility, including assisting with production, maintenance, and housekeeping etc.
You will gain;
- New skills, qualifications and extensive industry experience
- Domestic travel opportunities
- Career and remuneration growth opportunities
- Experience working in an inclusive company culture and team environment
You will need to bring;
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven written and academic abilities (preferably achieved NCEA Level 2)
- Strong personal presentation, history of punctuality and high work attendance record
- Be physically fit and highly motivated to work with a positive attitude
- Own transport with current full drivers licence and clean criminal background
Our Plant is near Maramarua but daily jobs are spread between customer sites across the North Island, some travel will be involved so flexibility is essential. We are seeking applicants that reside in the South Auckland or Waikato region.
This role can at times be physically demanding, is mostly based outdoors, will be supervised until fully qualified and will report to the Region Manager.
Please submit your CV to email@example.com.
Interested in this role?