Working with us
Why work with RedBull Powder?
RedBull prides itself on its inclusive caring company culture and can offer the successful candidate a dynamic team environment, competitive remuneration, training and career opportunities.
We have a variety of roles and areas for development from entry level to experienced drilling and blasting professionals.
Register your interest today!
You will gain:
- Valuable experience working within a dynamic team environment
- Inclusive caring company culture
- New skills and extensive industry experience
- International & domestic travel opportunities
- Competitive remuneration
- Training & development opportunities
- Career growth potential
All candidates will be required to pass a medical, police check, drug & alcohol screening, ongoing random testing and hold a current unrestricted driver license.
RedBull Powder Company manufactures a range of explosive products and provides comprehensive drilling and blasting services to quarries, mines and construction projects in New Zealand.
We are recruiting for a Blasting Assistant to provide hands on support to the blasting crews and explosive delivery units. This is an entry level position, which is a great opportunity in becoming qualified as a Shot Firer and develop a long-term career.
You will be required to;
- Comply with safe working procedures and instructions
- Assist Shot Firer to prepare blasting activities on the quarry bench
- Assist delivery trucks to pump bulk emulsion product into quarry blast holes
- Assist Drillers to collar blast holes
- Assist with other duties at the manufacturing plant facility, including assisting with production, maintenance, and housekeeping etc.
You will gain;
- New skills, qualifications and extensive industry experience
- Domestic travel opportunities
- Career and remuneration growth opportunities
- Experience working in an inclusive company culture and team environment
You will need to bring;
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven written and academic abilities (preferably achieved NCEA Level 2)
- Strong personal presentation, history of punctuality and high work attendance record
- Be physically fit and highly motivated to work with a positive attitude
- Own transport with current full drivers licence and clean criminal background
Our Plant is near Maramarua but daily jobs are spread between customer sites across the North Island, travel (overnights) will be involved so flexibility is essential. We are seeking applicants that reside in the South Auckland or Waikato regions.
This role can at times be physically demanding, is mostly based outdoors, will be supervised until fully qualified and will report to the Region Manager.
Successful applicants will need to be eligible to work in NZ, hold a current, unrestricted driver licence, pass a pre-employment medical, which includes drug and alcohol screening, and complete a Ministry of Justice check.
Please submit your CV to HR@redbullpowder.co.nz.
Interested in this role?