Working with us
Why work with RedBull Powder?
RedBull prides itself on its inclusive caring company culture and can offer the successful candidate a dynamic team environment, competitive remuneration, training and career opportunities.
We have a variety of roles and areas for development from entry level to experienced drilling and blasting professionals.
Register your interest today!
You will gain:
- Valuable experience working within a dynamic team environment
- Inclusive caring company culture
- New skills and extensive industry experience
- International & domestic travel opportunities
- Competitive remuneration
- Training & development opportunities
- Career growth potential
All candidates will be required to pass a medical, police check, drug & alcohol screening, ongoing random testing and hold a current unrestricted driver license.
Shot Firer - Waikato/Bay of Plenty
RedBull Powder Company manufactures a range of explosives products and provides comprehensive drilling and blasting services to quarries, mines and construction projects, both in New Zealand and abroad. RedBull is recruiting a Shot Firer to co-ordinate drilling and blasting activities for existing and new customers. This role is based within the Waikato and Bay of Plenty region.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Shot design, loading and firing
- Handling, transportation and use of explosives in compliance with company operating procedures, all applicable laws and regulations and all customer site procedures
- Achieving customer satisfaction by delivering exceptional results
- Assist the company and your team to achieve zero harm by actively identifying and managing all hazards to ensure a safe and efficient work environment
- Ensure production goals are achieved by working collaboratively with the drilling, MPU, and blasting teams and customer site management
Key factors to your success include;
- NZ Certified Handlers Certificate / Controlled Substances Licence
- Three years Shot Firing experience in quarries
- Ability to work unsupervised and to motivate a working team
- Develop solid working relationships with all stakeholders
- Clean and current Drivers Licence, ideally with a Dangerous Goods Endorsement
- Excellent reporting and communication skills, both written and verbal
Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will be confident in delivering the highest quality work and service level to all customers. You must be able to work effectively alone and within small teams, contributing positively to RedBull’s strong values and culture. This position covers the Waikato and Bay of Plenty region involving some travel so flexibility is essential.
This Shot Firers role offers a competitive salary but will be commensurate with experience. If you are looking for a strong career opportunity, have the right credentials and industry experience, come and join our dynamic team to be part of this exciting business.
Please submit your CV to HR@redbullpowder.co.nz
The successful candidate will be required to pass a medical and drug & alcohol screening and hold a current unrestricted driver license
Interested in this role?